Kingston Trolley Tours offers tours of historic Kingston, Ontario, aboard a fleet of five, comfortable thirty-two passenger trolleys. The Trolley is the ideal way to enjoy Kingston’s history and attractions. Our GPS-triggered narration system complements your experienced tour guide; together they provide an informative, engaging overview of Kingston’s more than three hundred years of history. The Trolley route covers all of Kingston’s historic old town and downtown shopping district, as far East as Fort Henry and as far West as the Kingston Penitentiary.
- Website: kingstontrolley.ca
- Ticket Office: 1 Brock St. or 248 Ontario Street, Kingston
- Departure location: 209 Ontario Street, in front of Visitor Information Centre
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KingstonTrolley/
Tours feature a live guide, and also a pre-recorded commentary in four languages: English, French, Mandarin, and German
- Trolley City Tour: Only offered Early Spring and Late Fall. A 1h tour of Kingston with no hop on hop off stops.
- Hop On Hop Off: Victoria Day to Thanksgiving. Purchase a ticket for 24h, 48h or 72h and hop on/hop off from 8 stops to explore Kingston. A trolley passes each stop every 30 minutes: first tour departs the visitor Information center at 9:30am, last tour at 4:30pm.
- Ghost and Mystery Trolley Tour: Victoria Day to Halloween. Hear stories from Kingston’s mysterious and paranormal past. An evening tour lasting 90 minutes, it takes you off the beaten path to Kingston’s most haunted spots, including a walking tour through the Cataraqui Cemetery, to visit the grave of Sir John A. Macdonald.
Hop On, Hop off Stops:
During the Victoria Day to Thanksgiving season, the Trolley operates on an every-30-minute, hop on hop off route. A trolley passes every stop every 30 minutes. Because Stop 1 (City Hall) is directly opposite stop for (Market Square), the route forms a figure 8, that divides the route into two halves: you can begin with the east half of the tour, hop off at the Market Square stop to get lunch or take a cruise, then continue with the West half of the tour. The eight stops are:
- City Hall
- Fort Henry
- Market Square
- Pumphouse Museum
- Bellevue House
- Kingston Penitetniary
- Queen’s University
- Retail District (Princess St.)
Check your Knowledge
- How frequently does a trolley pass each Hop On Hop Off stop?
- What grave will guests see on the Ghost & Mystery Trolley Tour?
- Where does the tour start?