As a Server you will create an outstanding guest experience on board Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises’ public cruises and exclusive events by providing a high quality of food and drink services to guests on board each of our vessels. You will also assist marine crew in emergency duties tasks, and participate in other on board tasks including setup, cleaning and other duties as assigned.
At Kingston Destination Group, we are looking for candidates interested in joining a fast-paced, service-focused team in one of Ontario’s most unique and rewarding work environments: on board our 3h sightseeing and dining cruises sailing from downtown Kingston. Discover why Kingston and the 1000 Islands attract visitors from around the world, and help create an unforgettable experience for our guests.Apply Now
• Positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, guest-focused environment.
• Smart-Serve certified.
• Outstanding communication proficiency in English.
• Proficiency in other languages is an asset.
• Heavy lifting and other demanding physical work is occasionally required.
• Past serving experience is strongly preferred.
• Complete all setup tasks and ensure the boat is ready for service.
• Greet and assist guests during boarding and disembarking.
• Maintain an excellent knowledge of all food and beverage items, allergens, cooking times and out of stock items.
• Proficiently present meals and beverages including wine, beer, specialty cocktails, and standard bar rail cocktails.
• Take, process and deliver all food and beverage items ordered by the guest in an accurate and timely fashion.
• Collect payments and process them through Epos, accurately balancing your end of day reports.
• Consistently meet and exceed standards for service timing and service excellence.
• Participate in safety drills and act as a member of the on board safety team.
• Anticipate and respond to guests’ needs: exceed expectations, create an outstanding experience.
• Canteen shifts as required.
About Kingston Destination Group:
Kingston Destination Group is committed to hospitality excellence as the portal to inspired visitor Experience in the Kingston 1000 Islands. We create, sell and operate cruises, tours and experiences through our experiential brands, including Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises, Kingston Trolley Tours, Waterfront Gifts & Apparel, Kingston Walks, and K-Pass.