As a Galley Chef, you will contribute to an outstanding guest experience at Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises by overseeing the preparation of food on board for brunch, lunch, and dinner service.
At Kingston Destination Group we are looking for candidates interested in joining a fast-paced, service-focused team in one of Ontario’s most unique and rewarding work environments: on board our sightseeing and dining cruises sailing from downtown Kingston. Discover why Kingston and the 1000 Islands attract visitors from around the world, as you help to create an inspiring hospitality experience for our guests.Apply Now
• Ability to supervise staff.
• Positive attitude and approach.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, guest-focused environment.
• Strong verbal communication skills in English.
• Proficiency in other languages is an asset.
• Heavy lifting and other demanding physical work occasionally required.
• Safe Food Handlers Certificate required.
• Supervise on board kitchen staff.
• Labeling of all food items.
• Follow guidelines for recipes and ensure company standards are met.
• Follow and execute needs outlined on the prep sheet.
• Assist with loading product from the commissary and main kitchen to the vessels and back.
• Review function sheets and manifests to ensure that food for dietary needs is appropriately prepared and staff is informed of all dietary requests.
• Maintain safe, clean, and organized work areas in the onshore kitchen and on board galleys.
• Assist with daily cleaning responsibilities and completion of cleaning reports.
• Prepare daily prep sheets and count sheets for each vessel and for private events.
• Follow proper HACCP, FIFO, and other safe food handling procedures.
• Abide by the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) that outline hazardous chemical use.
• May be required to perform support work in the kitchen.
About Kingston Destination Group:
Kingston Destination Group is committed to hospitality excellence as the portal to inspired visitor experience in the Kingston 1000 Islands destination. We create, sell and operate cruises, tours and experiences through our experiential brands, including Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises, Kingston Trolley Tours, Waterfront Gifts & Apparel, Kingston Walks, and K-Pass.
Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises operates the “Food, Fun and Entertainment Ships” of the 1000 Islands, demonstrating hospitality excellence on 90-minute and 3-hour cruises departing from downtown Kingston. Cruises sail on a fleet of three sightseeing and dining vessels ranging in size from 150 to 300 passengers: The Island Belle, The Island Queen, and the Island Star.Apply Now