As a Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises bartender you will contribute to an outstanding guest experience on board Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises’ sightseeing and dining vessels by providing drink service to guests and fulfilling drink orders for servers. You will also participate in other on board tasks including setup, cleaning, and regular training in marine emergency duties.
At Kingston Destination Group we are looking for candidates interested in joining a fast-paced, service-focused team in one of Ontario’s most unique and rewarding work environments: on board our sightseeing and dining cruises sailing from downtown Kingston. Discover why Kingston and the 1000 Islands attract visitors from around the world, as you help create an inspiring hospitality experience for our guests.Apply Now
• Positive attitude and approach.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, guest-focused environment.
• Smart-Serve certified.
• Strong verbal communication skills in English.
• Proficiency in other languages is an asset.
• Heavy lifting and other demanding physical work is occasionally required.
• Past bartending experience is ideal.
• Complete all setup tasks and ensure the boat is ready for service.
• Greet and assist guests during boarding and disembarking.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all food and beverage items.
• Proficiently prepare and present beverages including wine, beer, specialty cocktails, and standard bar rail cocktails.
• Minimize waste and maintain accurate inventory.
• Assist servers in the delivery of food and beverage when required.
• Consistently meet and exceed standards for service timing and service excellence.
• Participate in safety drills and act as a member of the on board safety team.
• Anticipate and respond to guests’ needs: exceed expectations, create an outstanding experience.
About Kingston Destination Group:
Kingston Destination Group is committed to hospitality excellence as the portal to inspired visitor experience in the Kingston 1000 Islands destination. We create, sell and operate cruises, tours and experiences through our experiential brands, including Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises, Kingston Trolley Tours, Waterfront Gifts & Apparel, Kingston Walks, and K-Pass.
Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises operates the “Food, Fun and Entertainment Ships” of the 1000 Islands, demonstrating hospitality excellence on 90-minute and 3-hour cruises departing from downtown Kingston. Cruises sail on a fleet of three sightseeing and dining vessels ranging in size from 150 to 300 passengers: The Island Belle, The Island Queen, and the Island Star.Apply Now